Alex Smalley (+24000) heads into the 2022 the Memorial Tournament presented by Workday at Muirfield Village GC after making the cut in his most recent outing, the Charles Schwab Challenge, finishing 27th. Let’s break down his recent performances to help you place your best bets on Smalley before he tees off in Dublin, Ohio.
Recent Tournaments: Alex Smalley
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|May 26-29||Charles Schwab Challenge||27||72-66-69-73 (E)||277||$56,333|
|May 5- 8||Wells Fargo Championship||MC||70-75 (+5)||—||$0|
|April 28 – May 1||Mexico Open||6||66-66-70-68 (-14)||3||$238,163|
|April 14-17||RBC Heritage||MC||69-75 (+2)||—||$0|
Recent Form Insights: Alex Smalley
- Smalley has finished in the top 10 in one of his past four events.
- The past four times he has played a tournament, he made the cut twice.
- In his past four tournaments, Smalley has finished within three shots of the leader once and with a score better than average once.
- In his past four appearances, his average score was -7.
- Over his last 12 rounds, Smalley has finished under par seven times, while also registering two bogey-free rounds and seven rounds with a better-than-average score.
- He has posted a top-five score in one of his last 12 rounds, while ranking among the top 10 scores of the day twice.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: Alex Smalley
|Tournaments||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- Smalley finished in the 36th percentile on the 16 par-3 holes at the Charles Schwab Challenge, averaging 3.19 strokes.
- He averaged 4.04 strokes on par-4 holes (of which there were 48) at the Charles Schwab Challenge, which placed him in the 55th percentile of the field on par 4s.
- Smalley shot better than 87% of the golfers at the Charles Schwab Challenge on the tournament’s eight par-5 holes, averaging 4.38 strokes per hole compared to the field average of 4.70.
- Smalley failed to card a birdie on any of the 16 par-3 holes at the Charles Schwab Challenge (the tournament average was 1.2).
- On the 16 par-3 holes at the Charles Schwab Challenge, Smalley carded three bogeys or worse (more than the tournament average of 2.8).
- Smalley recorded more birdies or better (seven) than the field average of 6.0 on the 48 par-4 holes at the Charles Schwab Challenge.