Alex Smalley, who took sixth in the Mexico Open at Vidanta Vallarta on April 28 – May 1 in his most recent action, enters play in the 2022 Wells Fargo Championship at TPC Potomac at Avenel Farm with +13000 odds. In this article, we’ll break down his recent form to help you make your best bets on Smalley before he tees off in Potomac, Maryland.
Last 4 Tournaments: Alex Smalley
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|April 28 – May 1||Mexico Open||6||66-66-70-68 (-14)||3||$238,163|
|April 14-17||RBC Heritage||MC||69-75 (+2)||—||$0|
|March 31 – April 3||Valero Texas Open||MC||74-75 (+5)||—||$0|
|March 24-27||Corales Puntacana Championship||2||69-65-73-65 (-16)||1||$329,300|
Recent Form Insights: Alex Smalley
- In his past four tournaments, Smalley has one top-five finish and two top-10 finishes.
- He has qualified for the weekend in two of his past four appearances.
- Smalley finished with a score lower than the tournament average in two of his past four tournaments, including two finishes within three strokes of the leader.
- He has an average score relative to par of -15 in his past four events.
- Over his last 12 rounds, Smalley has finished below par eight times, while also recording two bogey-free rounds and eight rounds with a better-than-average score.
- He has posted a top-five score in three of his last 12 rounds, while ranking among the top 10 scores of the day four times.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: Alex Smalley
|Total||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- Smalley finished in the 52nd percentile on the 20 par-3 holes at the Mexico Open, averaging par.
- He averaged 3.83 strokes on par-4 holes (of which there were 36) at the Mexico Open, which was strong enough to land him in the 97th percentile among all competitors on par 4s (the tournament average was 4.05 strokes).
- Smalley shot better than 64% of the competitors at the Mexico Open on par-5 holes, averaging 4.50 strokes per hole compared to the field average of 4.61 strokes.
- Smalley failed to card a birdie on any of the 20 par-3 holes at the Mexico Open (the tournament average was 1.9).
- On the 20 par-3 holes at the Mexico Open, Smalley did not record a bogey or worse (the tournament average was 2.4).
- Smalley’s 10 birdies or better on par-4 holes at the Mexico Open were more than the field average (4.9).