As we enter the weekend of the 2022 Wells Fargo Championship, Austin Smotherman is in 29th position with a score of -1.
Recent Tournaments: Austin Smotherman
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|April 28 – May 1||Mexico Open||67||74-66-76-68 (E)||17||$15,111|
|March 31 – April 3||Valero Texas Open||61||68-75-74-71 (E)||13||$19,092|
|March 24-27||Corales Puntacana Championship||MC||75-75 (+6)||—||$-|
Recent Form Insights: Austin Smotherman
- Smotherman will attempt to make the cut for the fourth straight tournament by making the weekend in this event.
- Smotherman has not finished inside the top 20 in his past four events, with an average finish of 52nd.
- Smotherman has not been in contention in recent tournaments, not posting a score better than the field average or finishing within five shots of the leader in any of his past four events.
- He has carded an average score of even par in his past four appearances.
- Smotherman has finished below par five times and recorded six better-than-average rounds over his last 12 played.
- He has recorded a top-five score once and a top-10 score twice in his last 12 rounds played.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: Austin Smotherman
|Tournaments||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- Smotherman was in the 47th percentile on par 3s at the Mexico Open, averaging 3.05 strokes on the 20 par-3 holes.
- His 4.06-stroke average on the 36 par-4 holes at the Mexico Open ranked in the 45th percentile of the field (the tournament average was 4.05 strokes on par 4s).
- Smotherman was better than just 18% of the field at the Mexico Open on par-5 holes, averaging 4.81 strokes per hole compared to the field average of 4.61 strokes.
- Smotherman shot better on par 3s than most players his last time out, recording a birdie or better on two of the 20 par-3 holes at the Mexico Open (the other golfers averaged 1.9).
- On the 20 par-3 holes at the Mexico Open, Smotherman had three bogeys or worse (the other golfers averaged 2.4).
- Smotherman’s five birdies or better on the 36 par-4 holes at the Mexico Open were more than the tournament average of 4.9.