Denny McCarthy will aim for another top finish at the 2023 The American Express at PGA West (Palmer) after a sixth-place showing in this event in 2022. Oddsmakers have him at +6600. In this article, we’ll break down his recent form to help you make your best bets on McCarthy before he tees off in La Quinta, California.
Denny McCarthy Betting Tips, Tournament Information & More
Denny McCarthy to win the 2023 The American Express +6600
Risk Free Bet Up To $1,000
Recent Tournaments: Denny McCarthy
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|January 12-15||Sony Open in Hawaii||32||65-68-68-70 (-9)||9||$41,387|
|November 17-20||The RSM Classic||46||66-70-68-71 (-7)||12||$21,749|
|November 10-13||Cadence Bank Houston Open||53||67-72-70-75 (+4)||20||$20,118|
|October 27-30||Butterfield Bermuda Championship||6||63-69-69-67 (-16)||3||$227,500|
Recent Form Insights: Denny McCarthy
- McCarthy will look to make the cut for the sixth straight tournament by making the weekend in this event.
- In his past four appearances, McCarthy has finished in the top 10 once.
- McCarthy has finished within three shots of the leader in one of his past four tournaments. In that same span, he finished with a better-than-average score twice.
- He has carded an average score of -7 in his past four appearances.
- McCarthy has finished below par 11 times and carded 10 better-than-average rounds over his last 16 played.
- He has posted a top-five score in two of his last 16 rounds, while ranking among the top 10 scores of the day three times.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: Denny McCarthy
|Tournaments||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- McCarthy was in the 91st percentile on par 3s at the Sony Open in Hawaii, averaging 2.81 strokes on the 16 par-3 holes.
- His 3.98-stroke average on the 48 par-4 holes at the Sony Open in Hawaii placed him in the 59th percentile of the competitors.
- McCarthy shot better than 50% of the field at the Sony Open in Hawaii on the tournament’s eight par-5 holes, averaging 4.38 strokes per hole compared to the field average of 4.41.
- McCarthy shot better on par 3s than most players his last time out, recording a birdie or better on four of the 16 par-3 holes at the Sony Open in Hawaii (the other participants averaged 1.7).
- On the 16 par-3 holes at the Sony Open in Hawaii, McCarthy carded one bogey or worse (the other golfers averaged 1.9).
- McCarthy’s seven birdies or better on par-4 holes at the Sony Open in Hawaii were more than the tournament average (6.6).