Denny McCarthy is in third position, with a score of -6, after the second round of the 2022 Wells Fargo Championship at TPC Potomac at Avenel Farm.
Recent Tournaments: Denny McCarthy
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|April 14-17||RBC Heritage||56||67-75-70-71 (-1)||279||$18,480|
|March 31 – April 3||Valero Texas Open||18||67-74-68-72 (-7)||6||$92,606|
|March 17-20||Valspar Championship||48||69-70-70-71 (-4)||13||$19,439|
Recent Form Insights: Denny McCarthy
- McCarthy will seek to make the cut for the eighth straight event.
- McCarthy has finished in the top five in one of his past four tournaments.
- McCarthy finished with a score lower than the tournament average in two of his past four appearances, including one finish within five strokes of the leader.
- In his past four events, his average score was -5.
- McCarthy has finshed under par nine times, completed his day without a bogey once and finished seven rounds with a better-than-average score over his last 14 rounds played.
- He has recorded a top-five score three times and a top-10 score on four occasions in his last 14 rounds played.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: Denny McCarthy
|Tournaments||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- McCarthy was rather average over the 16 par-3 holes at the RBC Heritage, averaging 3.06 strokes to finish in the 63rd percentile of the field.
- He finished in the 73rd percentile on par 4s at the RBC Heritage, averaging 3.93 strokes on the 44 par-4 holes.
- On the 12 par-5 holes at the RBC Heritage, McCarthy shot better than just 6% of the field (averaging 5.08 strokes per hole).
- McCarthy shot worse on par 3s than the field his last time out, recording a birdie or better on one of the 16 par-3 holes at the RBC Heritage (the other competitors averaged 1.3).
- On the 16 par-3 holes at the RBC Heritage, McCarthy carded one bogey or worse (the other competitors averaged 2.6).
- McCarthy’s 10 birdies or better on the 44 par-4 holes at the RBC Heritage were more than the field average of 5.8.