Defending champ Hideki Matsuyama, No. 12 in the Official World Golf Rankings, is (+3500) to reclaim his title in the 2022 Masters Tournament at Augusta National Golf Club. Before Matsuyama tees off in Augusta, Georgia, let’s analyze his recent performances to help you place your best bets.
Last 4 Tournaments: Hideki Matsuyama
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|March 31 – April 3||Valero Texas Open||MC||74-35 (+1)||—||$0|
|March 3- 6||Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by Mastercard||20||73-72-76-70 (+3)||8||$131,400|
|February 17-20||The Genesis Invitational||39||72-70-68-70 (-4)||15||$45,000|
|February 10-13||Waste Management Phoenix Open||8||68-68-66-69 (-13)||3||$248,050|
Recent Form Insights: Hideki Matsuyama
- In his past four appearances, Matsuyama has one top-10 finish and two top-20 finishes.
- He has made three cuts in his past four tournaments.
- Matsuyama has finished within three shots of the leader in one of his past four appearances. In that same span, he finished with a better-than-average score twice.
- He has an average score relative to par of -5 in his past four appearances.
- Matsuyama has finished below par nine times and posted 10 better-than-average rounds over his last 14 played.
- He has recorded one of the top five scores in two of his last 14 rounds.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: Hideki Matsuyama
|Total||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- Matsuyama shot well on the eight par-3 holes at the Valero Texas Open, averaging 2.25 strokes to finish in the 97th percentile of the field.
- He averaged 3.20 strokes on par-4 holes (of which there were 20) at the Valero Texas Open, which was good enough to land him in the 97th percentile among all competitors on par 4s (the tournament average was 4.02 strokes).
- Matsuyama shot better than 97% of the competitors at the Valero Texas Open on par-5 holes, averaging 3.38 strokes per hole, in comparison to the field average of 4.67 strokes.
- Matsuyama fared better on par 3s than most players his last time out, carding a birdie or better on three of the eight par-3 holes at the Valero Texas Open (the field averaged 1.6).
- On the eight par-3 holes at the Valero Texas Open, Matsuyama carded fewer bogeys or worse (one) than the field average of 1.9.
- Matsuyama’s eight birdies or better on the 20 par-4 holes at the Valero Texas Open were more than the field average of 5.1.