Hideki Matsuyama, who took third in the AT&T Byron Nelson at TPC Craig Ranch on May 12-15 in his last tournament action, heads into the 2022 PGA Championship at Southern Hills Country Club with +2750 odds. Before Matsuyama tees off in Tulsa, Oklahoma, let’s take a look at his recent form to help you make your best bets.
Claim Your $1,000 Risk Free Bet With
Recent Tournaments: Hideki Matsuyama
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|May 12-15||AT&T Byron Nelson||3||67-66-69-62 (-24)||2||$536,900|
|April 7-10||Masters Tournament||14||72-69-77-72 (+2)||12||$225,333|
|March 31 – April 3||Valero Texas Open||MC||74-35 (+1)||—||$0|
|March 3- 6||Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by Mastercard||20||73-72-76-70 (+3)||8||$131,400|
Recent Form Insights: Hideki Matsuyama
- In his past four events, Matsuyama has finished in the top five once.
- He has made three cuts in his past four tournaments.
- Matsuyama finished with a score lower than the tournament average in three of his past four appearances, including one finish within three strokes of the leader.
- In his past four events, his average score was -6.
- Over his last 14 rounds, Matsuyama has finished under par seven times, while also carding one bogey-free round and nine rounds with a better-than-average score.
- He has finished in the top-five scores three times in his last 14 rounds.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: Hideki Matsuyama
|Tournaments||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- Matsuyama shot above average on the 16 par-3 holes at the AT&T Byron Nelson, averaging 2.88 strokes to finish in the 81st percentile of competitors.
- His 3.73-stroke average on the 40 par-4 holes at the AT&T Byron Nelson placed him strongly, in the 97th percentile of the competitors.
- Matsuyama shot better than 74% of the field at the AT&T Byron Nelson on the tournament’s 16 par-5 holes, averaging 4.31 strokes per hole compared to the field average of 4.45.
- Matsuyama carded a birdie or better on four of the 16 par-3 holes at the AT&T Byron Nelson (the other participants averaged 1.7).
- On the 16 par-3 holes at the AT&T Byron Nelson, Matsuyama recorded one bogey or worse (less than the tournament average of 1.8).
- Matsuyama’s 14 birdies or better on par-4 holes at the AT&T Byron Nelson were more than the tournament average (6.6).