Hideki Matsuyama is the defending champion at the 2023 Sony Open in Hawaii at Waialae Country Club, listed among the favorites at +2000 to win again. Below we help you make your best bets on Matsuyama before he tees off in Honolulu, Hawaii by breaking down his performances in recent events.
Hideki Matsuyama Betting Tips, Tournament Information & More
Hideki Matsuyama to win the 2023 Sony Open in Hawaii +2000
Risk Free Bet Up To $1,000
Recent Tournaments: Hideki Matsuyama
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|January 5- 8||Sentry Tournament of Champions||21||67-70-67-72 (-16)||11||$220,000|
|November 10-13||Cadence Bank Houston Open||MC||70-70 (+4)||—||$-|
|October 20-23||THE CJ CUP in South Carolina||34||71-71-71-67 (-4)||13||$54,180|
|October 13-16||ZOZO CHAMPIONSHIP||40||71-69-66-71 (-3)||12||$40,260|
Recent Form Insights: Hideki Matsuyama
- In his past four appearances, Matsuyama has an average finish of 32nd.
- He has qualified for the weekend in three of his past four tournaments.
- Matsuyama finished with a better-than-average score in one of his past four tournaments.
- He has an average score of -8 across his past four events.
- Matsuyama has finished below par seven times and recorded seven better-than-average rounds over his last 14 played.
- He has recorded a top-five score once and a top-10 score twice in his last 14 rounds played.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: Hideki Matsuyama
|Tournaments||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- Matsuyama was in the third percentile on par 3s at the Sentry Tournament of Champions, averaging 3.17 strokes on the 12 par-3 holes.
- He averaged 3.8 strokes on par-4 holes (of which there were 44) at the Sentry Tournament of Champions, which was good enough to land him in the 74th percentile among all competitors on par 4s (the tournament average was 3.87 strokes).
- On the 16 par-5 holes at the Sentry Tournament of Champions, Matsuyama shot better than just 21% of the field (averaging 4.44 strokes per hole).
- Matsuyama fared worse on par 3s than the field his last time out, carding a birdie or better on one of the 12 par-3 holes at the Sentry Tournament of Champions (the other participants averaged two).
- On the 12 par-3 holes at the Sentry Tournament of Champions, Matsuyama had two bogeys or worse (the other competitors averaged 1.1).
- Matsuyama’s 13 birdies or better on the 44 par-4 holes at the Sentry Tournament of Champions were more than the tournament average of 10.4.