J.J. Spaun (+26500) heads into the 2022 PGA Championship at Southern Hills Country Club after making the cut in his most recent outing, the AT&T Byron Nelson, finishing 38th. In this article, we’ll break down his recent form to help you make your best bets on Spaun before he tees off in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Recent Tournaments: J.J. Spaun
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|May 12-15||AT&T Byron Nelson||38||66-68-68-71 (-15)||11||$36,855|
|April 14-17||RBC Heritage||MC||71-74 (+3)||—||$0|
|April 7-10||Masters Tournament||23||74-70-75-72 (+3)||13||$138,000|
|March 31 – April 3||Valero Texas Open||1||67-70-69-69 (-13)||0||$1,548,000|
Recent Form Insights: J.J. Spaun
- Spaun has won one of the past four events he’s played.
- He has made three cuts in his past four tournaments.
- Spaun finished with a score lower than the tournament average in three of his past four appearances, including one finish within three strokes of the leader.
- He has an average score relative to par of -8 in his past four appearances.
- Spaun has headed to the clubhouse below par nine times, completed his day without a bogey once and finished eight rounds with a better-than-average score over his last 14 rounds played.
- He has recorded a top-five score once and a top-10 score on five occasions in his last 14 rounds played.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: J.J. Spaun
|Tournaments||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- Spaun shot well on the 16 par-3 holes at the AT&T Byron Nelson, averaging 2.88 strokes to finish in the 81st percentile of the field.
- He averaged 3.88 strokes on par-4 holes (of which there were 40) at the AT&T Byron Nelson, which was strong enough to place him in the 67th percentile of the field on par 4s (the tournament average was 3.91 strokes).
- On the 16 par-5 holes at the AT&T Byron Nelson, Spaun shot better than 40% of the field (averaging 4.50 strokes per hole).
- Spaun recorded a birdie or better on three of the 16 par-3 holes at the AT&T Byron Nelson (the other competitors averaged 1.7).
- On the 16 par-3 holes at the AT&T Byron Nelson, Spaun had less bogeys or worse (one) than the tournament average of 1.8.
- Spaun recorded more birdies or better (10) than the field average of 6.6 on the 40 par-4 holes at the AT&T Byron Nelson.