Matt Jones (+24000) enters the 2022 PGA Championship at Southern Hills Country Club after missing the cut at the Wells Fargo Championship in his last outing Below we break down his form in recent events to help you make your best bets on Jones before he tees off in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Recent Tournaments: Matt Jones
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|May 5- 8||Wells Fargo Championship||MC||73-72 (+5)||—||$0|
|April 28 – May 1||Mexico Open||59||71-69-70-70 (-4)||13||$16,498|
|March 31 – April 3||Valero Texas Open||2||68-75-68-66 (-11)||2||$765,400|
|March 10-14||THE PLAYERS Championship||MC||79-70 (+5)||—||$0|
Recent Form Insights: Matt Jones
- Jones has finished in the top five in one of his past four events.
- The past four times he has played a tournament, he made the cut twice.
- In his past four events, Jones has finished within three shots of the leader once and with a score better than average once.
- He has finished with an average score of -8 those two times he made the cut.
- Jones has finished below par seven times and carded seven better-than-average rounds over his last 12 played.
- He has recorded the best score of the day in one of his last 12 rounds, while scoring among the top five in two rounds and the top 10 four times.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: Matt Jones
|Tournaments||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- Jones was in the 10th percentile on par 3s at the Wells Fargo Championship, averaging 3.38 strokes on the eight par-3 holes.
- He averaged 4.13 strokes on par-4 holes (of which there were 24) at the Wells Fargo Championship, which placed him in the 37th percentile among the competitors on par 4s.
- On the four par-5 holes at the Wells Fargo Championship, Jones was better than 61% of the golfers (averaging 4.75 strokes per hole).
- Jones recorded a birdie or better on one of the eight par-3 holes at the Wells Fargo Championship (the field averaged 1.5).
- On the eight par-3 holes at the Wells Fargo Championship, Jones had three bogeys or worse (the field averaged 2.2).
- Jones’ four birdies or better on par-4 holes at the Wells Fargo Championship were less than the field average (6.0).