Matthew Fitzpatrick put together a second-place finish in his last action in the Wells Fargo Championship at TPC Potomac at Avenel Farm on May 5- 8, and comes into the 2022 PGA Championship at Southern Hills Country Club with +4800 odds to win. Let’s break down his recent performances to help you place your best bets on Fitzpatrick before he tees off in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Recent Tournaments: Matthew Fitzpatrick
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|May 5- 8||Wells Fargo Championship||2||68-68-71-67 (-6)||2||$681,000|
|April 14-17||RBC Heritage||MC||70-75 (+3)||—||$0|
|April 7-10||Masters Tournament||14||71-73-76-70 (+2)||12||$225,333|
|March 17-20||Valspar Championship||5||67-68-67-68 (-14)||3||$301,275|
Recent Form Insights: Matthew Fitzpatrick
- Fitzpatrick has finished in the top five in two of his past four appearances.
- He has made three cuts in his past four tournaments.
- Fitzpatrick has finished within three shots of the leader in two of his past four appearances. In that same span, he finished with a better-than-average score three times.
- In his past four events, his average score was -6.
- Over his last 14 rounds, Fitzpatrick has finished under par 10 times, while also recording two bogey-free rounds and 10 rounds with a better-than-average score.
- He has posted a top-five score in two of his last 14 rounds, while ranking among the top 10 scores of the day six times.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: Matthew Fitzpatrick
|Tournaments||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- Fitzpatrick was in the 78th percentile on par 3s at the Wells Fargo Championship, averaging 2.94 strokes on the 16 par-3 holes.
- He averaged 3.94 strokes on par-4 holes (of which there were 48) at the Wells Fargo Championship, which was strong enough to place him in the 90th percentile of the field on par 4s (the tournament average was 4.04 strokes).
- Fitzpatrick was better than 61% of the field at the Wells Fargo Championship on the tournament’s eight par-5 holes, averaging 4.75 strokes per hole compared to the field average of 4.86.
- Fitzpatrick shot better on par 3s than most players his last time out, carding a birdie or better on four of the 16 par-3 holes at the Wells Fargo Championship (the other participants averaged 1.5).
- On the 16 par-3 holes at the Wells Fargo Championship, Fitzpatrick had more bogeys or worse (three) than the tournament average (2.2).
- Fitzpatrick’s five birdies or better on the 48 par-4 holes at the Wells Fargo Championship were less than the field average of 6.0.