Matthew Fitzpatrick heads into the 2022 the Memorial Tournament presented by Workday at Muirfield Village GC with +2650 odds to win after a fifth-place showing in the PGA Championship at Southern Hills Country Club on May 19-22 in his last tournament action. In this article, we’ll break down his recent form to help you make your best bets on Fitzpatrick before he tees off in Dublin, Ohio.
Recent Tournaments: Matthew Fitzpatrick
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|May 19-22||PGA Championship||5||68-69-67-73 (-3)||266||$530,417|
|May 5- 8||Wells Fargo Championship||2||68-68-71-67 (-6)||2||$681,000|
|April 14-17||RBC Heritage||MC||70-75 (+3)||—||$0|
|April 7-10||Masters Tournament||14||71-73-76-70 (+2)||12||$225,333|
Recent Form Insights: Matthew Fitzpatrick
- Fitzpatrick enters this tournament with two consecutive top-five placements.
- Fitzpatrick has finished in the top five in two of his past four appearances.
- He has made three cuts in his past four tournaments.
- Fitzpatrick has finished within three shots of the leader in one of his past four events. In that same span, he finished with a better-than-average score three times.
- In his past four appearances, his average score was -2.
- Fitzpatrick has finshed better than par nine times, completed his day without a bogey once and finished nine rounds with a better-than-average score over his last 14 rounds played.
- He has carded a top-five score in two of his last 14 rounds, while ranking among the top 10 scores of the day six times.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: Matthew Fitzpatrick
|Tournaments||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- Fitzpatrick was in the 98th percentile on par 3s at the PGA Championship, averaging 2.88 strokes on the 16 par-3 holes.
- He averaged 4.02 strokes on par-4 holes (of which there were 48) at the PGA Championship, which was strong enough to land him in the 84th percentile among all competitors on par 4s (the tournament average was 4.15 strokes).
- Fitzpatrick shot better than 52% of the competitors at the PGA Championship on the tournament’s eight par-5 holes, averaging 4.75 strokes per hole compared to the field average of 4.84.
- Fitzpatrick recorded a birdie or better on four of the 16 par-3 holes at the PGA Championship, outperforming the field average of 0.9.
- On the 16 par-3 holes at the PGA Championship, Fitzpatrick recorded less bogeys or worse (two) than the tournament average of 3.3.
- Fitzpatrick’s eight birdies or better on the 48 par-4 holes at the PGA Championship were more than the tournament average of 4.6.