Michael Thompson heads into the 2022 RBC Heritage at Harbour Town Golf Links with +25000 odds to win. He made the cut and finished 42nd in his most recent time at this tournament in 2021. In this article, we’ll break down his recent form to help you make your best bets on Thompson before he tees off in Hilton Head, South Carolina.
Last 4 Tournaments: Michael Thompson
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|March 17-20||Valspar Championship||57||72-66-74-69 (-3)||14||$17,706|
|March 10-14||THE PLAYERS Championship||60||72-73-74-72 (+3)||16||$44,600|
|March 3- 6||Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by Mastercard||MC||77-72 (+5)||—||$0|
|February 24-27||The Honda Classic||MC||71-75 (+6)||—||$0|
Recent Form Insights: Michael Thompson
- In his past four events, Thompson has an average finish of 59th.
- He has made the cut in two of his past four events.
- Thompson has not posted a score better than the tournament average or finished within five shots of the leader in any of his past four tournaments.
- He has finished with an average score of 0 those two times he made the cut.
- Over his last 12 rounds, Thompson has ended the day under par twice, while also registering five rounds with a better-than-average score.
- He has finished in the top-five scores once in his last 12 rounds.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: Michael Thompson
|Total||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- Thompson was somewhat average over the 20 par-3 holes at the Valspar Championship, averaging 3.05 strokes to finish in the 33rd percentile of competitors.
- He shot well to finish in the 79th percentile on par 4s at the Valspar Championship, averaging 3.94 strokes on the 36 par-4 holes.
- Thompson was better than only 20% of the competitors at the Valspar Championship on the tournament’s 16 par-5 holes, averaging 4.88 strokes per hole compared to the field average of 4.68.
- Thompson fared better on par 3s than most players his last time out, recording a birdie or better on four of the 20 par-3 holes at the Valspar Championship (the tournament average was 2.1).
- On the 20 par-3 holes at the Valspar Championship, Thompson had four bogeys or worse (the other competitors averaged 2.2).
- Thompson recorded more birdies or better (seven) than the field average of 3.8 on the 36 par-4 holes at the Valspar Championship.