Rory McIlroy (+2000) heads into the 2022 Masters Tournament at Augusta National Golf Club after missing the cut at the Valero Texas Open in his last outing In this article, we’ll break down his recent form to help you make your best bets on McIlroy before he tees off in Augusta, Georgia.
Last 4 Tournaments: Rory McIlroy
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|March 31 – April 3||Valero Texas Open||MC||72-73 (+1)||—||$0|
|March 10-14||THE PLAYERS Championship||33||73-73-73-66 (-3)||10||$100,111|
|March 3- 6||Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by Mastercard||13||65-72-76-76 (+1)||6||$228,000|
|February 17-20||The Genesis Invitational||10||69-70-67-68 (-10)||9||$303,000|
Recent Form Insights: Rory McIlroy
- McIlroy has earned one top-10 finish and two top-20 finishes in his past four appearances.
- He has made three cuts in his past four tournaments.
- McIlroy finished with a score lower than the tournament average in three of his past four appearances.
- He has an average score relative to par of -4 in his past four tournaments.
- Over his last 14 rounds, McIlroy has finished below par six times, while also recording one bogey-free round and eight rounds with a better-than-average score.
- He has posted the best score of the day in one of his last 14 rounds, while scoring among the top five in two rounds and the top 10 three times.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: Rory McIlroy
|Total||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- McIlroy was in the 25th percentile on par 3s at the Valero Texas Open, averaging 3.13 strokes on the eight par-3 holes.
- He averaged 4.05 strokes on par-4 holes (of which there were 20) at the Valero Texas Open, which landed him in the 48th percentile among the competitors on par 4s.
- McIlroy shot better than just 20% of the competitors at the Valero Texas Open on par-5 holes, averaging 4.88 strokes per hole in comparison to the field average of 4.67 strokes.
- McIlroy recorded a birdie or better on one of the eight par-3 holes at the Valero Texas Open (the other competitors averaged 1.6).
- On the eight par-3 holes at the Valero Texas Open, McIlroy carded two bogeys or worse (the field averaged 1.9).
- McIlroy’s three birdies or better on the 20 par-4 holes at the Valero Texas Open were less than the tournament average of 5.1.