Rory McIlroy enters the 2022 PGA Championship at Southern Hills Country Club with +1700 odds to finish atop the leaderboard as he looks for his third win at this tournament since 2015. He last won it in 2014 at Valhalla Golf Club. Before McIlroy tees off in Tulsa, Oklahoma, let’s take a look at his recent form to help you make your best bets.
Recent Tournaments: Rory McIlroy
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|May 5- 8||Wells Fargo Championship||5||67-73-68-68 (-4)||4||$369,000|
|April 7-10||Masters Tournament||2||73-73-71-64 (-7)||3||$1,620,000|
|March 31 – April 3||Valero Texas Open||MC||72-73 (+1)||—||$0|
|March 10-14||THE PLAYERS Championship||33||73-73-73-66 (-3)||10||$100,111|
Recent Form Insights: Rory McIlroy
- McIlroy enters this tournament with two straight top-five placements.
- McIlroy has finished in the top five in two of his past four tournaments.
- Out of the past four tournaments he entered, he made the cut three times.
- In his past four appearances, McIlroy has finished within three shots of the leader once and five or fewer strokes back of the winner twice. He carded a score that’s better than average three times.
- He has an average score of -5 across his past four events.
- McIlroy has finshed under par six times, completed his day without a bogey twice and finished seven rounds with a better-than-average score over his last 14 rounds played.
- He has shot the best score of the day in one of his last 14 rounds, while scoring among the top five in four rounds.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: Rory McIlroy
|Tournaments||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- McIlroy was in the 78th percentile on par 3s at the Wells Fargo Championship, averaging 2.94 strokes on the 16 par-3 holes.
- He shot well to finish in the 84th percentile on par 4s at the Wells Fargo Championship, averaging 3.98 strokes on the 48 par-4 holes.
- McIlroy was better than 61% of the competitors at the Wells Fargo Championship on the tournament’s eight par-5 holes, averaging 4.75 strokes per hole compared to the field average of 4.86.
- McIlroy recorded a birdie or better on three of the 16 par-3 holes at the Wells Fargo Championship (the other competitors averaged 1.5).
- On the 16 par-3 holes at the Wells Fargo Championship, McIlroy recorded two bogeys or worse (less than the tournament average of 2.2).
- McIlroy had more birdies or better (11) than the tournament average of 6.0 on the 48 par-4 holes at the Wells Fargo Championship.