Rory McIlroy seeks another win in the 2022 The Open Championship at St Andrews Links (Old Course), entering with +971 odds to take the top spot. He won the tournament in 2014 at Royal Liverpool Golf Club. Below we break down his form in recent events to help you make your best bets on McIlroy before he tees off in , .
Rory McIlroy to win the 2022 The Open Championship +971
Risk Free Bet Up To $1,000
Recent Tournaments: Rory McIlroy
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|June 23-26||Travelers Championship||19||62-70-72-67 (-9)||10||$106,102|
|June 16-19||U.S. Open||5||67-69-73-69 (-2)||4||$674,953|
|June 9-12||RBC Canadian Open||1||66-68-65-62 (-19)||0||$1,566,000|
|June 2- 5||the Memorial Tournament presented by Workday||18||70-69-73-74 (-2)||11||$142,800|
Recent Form Insights: Rory McIlroy
- In this week’s event, McIlroy will seek his eighth straight top-20 finish.
- McIlroy will look to extend his streak of made cuts to eight by qualifying for the weekend in this tournament.
- In his past four events, McIlroy has one win and two top-five finishes.
- In his past four tournaments, McIlroy has finished within three shots of the leader once and five or fewer strokes back of the winner twice. He carded a score that’s better than average four times.
- He has an average score of -8 across his past four events.
- Over his last 16 rounds, McIlroy has finished below par 11 times, while also posting one bogey-free round and 13 rounds with a better-than-average score.
- He has recorded the best score of the day once while finishing with a top-five score on five occasions and a top-10 score in seven of his last 16 rounds.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: Rory McIlroy
|Tournaments||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- McIlroy was in the 78th percentile on par 3s at the Travelers Championship, averaging 2.88 strokes on the 16 par-3 holes.
- He averaged 3.98 strokes on par-4 holes (of which there were 48) at the Travelers Championship, which landed him in the 51st percentile of the field on par 4s.
- McIlroy shot better than 88% of the field at the Travelers Championship on the tournament’s eight par-5 holes, averaging 4.25 strokes per hole compared to the field average of 4.71.
- McIlroy recorded a birdie or better on five of the 16 par-3 holes at the Travelers Championship, outperforming the field average of 1.7.
- On the 16 par-3 holes at the Travelers Championship, McIlroy recorded three bogeys or worse (more than the field average of 1.7).
- McIlroy carded more birdies or better (12) than the field average of 6.8 on the 48 par-4 holes at the Travelers Championship.