Oddsmakers view Rory McIlroy as one of the favorites at the 2022 U.S. Open at The Country Club of Brookline, with +942 odds. He’s coming off a victory in his last appearance (RBC Canadian Open) and a seventh-place finish in this event the last time he played it. Below we break down his form in recent events to help you make your best bets on McIlroy before he tees off in Brookline, Massachusetts.
Recent Tournaments: Rory McIlroy
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|June 9-12||RBC Canadian Open||1||66-68-65-62 (-19)||0||$1,566,000|
|June 2- 5||the Memorial Tournament presented by Workday||18||70-69-73-74 (-2)||11||$142,800|
|May 19-22||PGA Championship||8||65-71-74-68 (-2)||3||$436,600|
|May 5- 8||Wells Fargo Championship||5||67-73-68-68 (-4)||4||$369,000|
Recent Form Insights: Rory McIlroy
- McIlroy has finished in the top 20 in each of his last five events.
- McIlroy will try to extend his streak of made cuts to six by qualifying for the weekend in this tournament.
- McIlroy has claimed victory once while also earning two top-five finishes and three top-10 finishes in his past four events.
- In his past four appearances, McIlroy has finished within three shots of the leader twice and five or fewer strokes back of the winner three times. He carded a score that’s better than average four times.
- He has finished with an average score of -7 those four times he made the cut.
- Over his last 16 rounds, McIlroy has finushed under par 11 times, while also registering 13 rounds with a better-than-average score.
- He has recorded the best score of the day in one of his last 16 rounds, while scoring among the top five in six rounds and the top 10 seven times.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: Rory McIlroy
|Tournaments||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- McIlroy was in the 77th percentile on par 3s at the RBC Canadian Open, averaging 2.95 strokes on the 20 par-3 holes.
- His 3.80-stroke average on the 40 par-4 holes at the RBC Canadian Open placed him well, in the 97th percentile of the field.
- On the 12 par-5 holes at the RBC Canadian Open, McIlroy shot better than 96% of the field (averaging 4.17 strokes per hole).
- McIlroy fared better on par 3s than most players his last time out, recording a birdie or better on four of the 20 par-3 holes at the RBC Canadian Open (the tournament average was 2.0).
- On the 20 par-3 holes at the RBC Canadian Open, McIlroy had three bogeys or worse (more than the field average of 2.6).
- McIlroy carded more birdies or better (12) than the field average of 4.4 on the 40 par-4 holes at the RBC Canadian Open.