Sam Burns missed the cut in his last event at PGA West (Palmer), the 2021 The American Express, and he has +3500 odds to win here in the 2023 The American Express. Below, we’ll analyze his recent form to help you make your best bets on Burns before he takes to the course in La Quinta, California.
Sam Burns Betting Tips, Tournament Information & More
Sam Burns to win the 2023 The American Express +3500
Risk Free Bet Up To $1,000
Recent Tournaments: Sam Burns
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|January 5- 8||Sentry Tournament of Champions||32||70-75-67-69 (-11)||16||$207,000|
|December 1- 4||Hero World Challenge||12||70-75-69-72 (-2)||14||$-|
|November 10-13||Cadence Bank Houston Open||MC||77 (+6)||—||$-|
|October 20-23||THE CJ CUP in South Carolina||7||70-68-68-67 (-11)||6||$316,313|
Recent Form Insights: Sam Burns
- In his past four events, Burns has one top-10 finish and two top-20 finishes.
- He has made the cut in three of his past four appearances.
- In his past four tournaments, Burns carded a score better than average in one of those outings.
- He has finished with an average score of -8 those three times he made the cut.
- Burns has headed to the clubhouse better than par nine times, completed his day without a bogey once and finished seven rounds with a better-than-average score over his last 13 rounds played.
- He has posted a top-five score twice and a top-10 score on five occasions in his last 13 rounds played.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: Sam Burns
|Tournaments||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- Burns was in the 13th percentile on par 3s at the Sentry Tournament of Champions, averaging par on the 12 par-3 holes.
- He averaged 3.93 strokes on par-4 holes (of which there were 44) at the Sentry Tournament of Champions, which placed him in the 24th percentile among the competitors on par 4s.
- Burns shot better than just 18% of the field at the Sentry Tournament of Champions on the tournament’s 16 par-5 holes, averaging 4.50 strokes per hole compared to the field average of 4.34.
- Burns shot equal to the field average on par-3 holes his last time out, recording a birdie or better on two of the 12 par-3 holes at the Sentry Tournament of Champions.
- On the 12 par-3 holes at the Sentry Tournament of Champions, Burns recorded two bogeys or worse (more than the tournament average of 1.1).
- Burns had fewer birdies or better (10) than the tournament average of 10.4 on the 44 par-4 holes at the Sentry Tournament of Champions.