Sam Burns enters the 2022 The Open Championship at St Andrews Links (Old Course) with +4385 odds to win. He made the cut and finished 76th in his most recent time at this tournament in 2021. Before he tees off in , , let’s break down his recent form to help you make your best bets on Burns in this event.
Sam Burns to win the 2022 The Open Championship +4385
Risk Free Bet Up To $1,000
Recent Tournaments: Sam Burns
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|July 7-10||Genesis Scottish Open||66||67-76-71-74 (+8)||15||$17,168|
|June 23-26||Travelers Championship||MC||70-70 (E)||—||$-|
|June 16-19||U.S. Open||27||71-67-71-76 (+5)||11||$127,002|
|June 9-12||RBC Canadian Open||4||67-69-65-65 (-14)||5||$391,500|
Recent Form Insights: Sam Burns
- Burns has finished in the top five once in his past four appearances.
- He has made the cut in three of his past four events.
- In his past four tournaments, Burns has finished within five shots of the leader one time and a better-than-average score twice.
- He has carded an average score of even par in his past four events.
- Over his last 14 rounds, Burns has finished below par six times, while also posting one par-or-better round and eight rounds with a better-than-average score.
- He has carded a top-five score in two of his last 14 rounds, while ranking among the top 10 scores of the day five times.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: Sam Burns
|Tournaments||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- Burns was in the 15th percentile on par 3s at the Genesis Scottish Open, averaging 3.35 strokes on the 20 par-3 holes.
- His 4.08-stroke average on the 40 par-4 holes at the Genesis Scottish Open placed him well, in the 75th percentile of the field.
- Burns was better than just 30% of the field at the Genesis Scottish Open on par-5 holes, averaging 4.83 strokes per hole in comparison to the field average of 4.75 strokes.
- Burns did not record a birdie on any of the 20 par-3 holes at the Genesis Scottish Open (the field averaged 1.4).
- On the 20 par-3 holes at the Genesis Scottish Open, Burns carded six bogeys or worse (more than the tournament average of 3.5).
- Burns carded more birdies or better (seven) than the tournament average of 3.8 on the 40 par-4 holes at the Genesis Scottish Open.