Sam Burns has +2842 odds to win the 2022 U.S. Open at The Country Club of Brookline after he took fourth in his last action in the RBC Canadian Open (June 9-12). Below we break down his form in recent events to help you make your best bets on Burns before he tees off in Brookline, Massachusetts.
Recent Tournaments: Sam Burns
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|June 9-12||RBC Canadian Open||4||67-69-65-65 (-14)||5||$391,500|
|May 26-29||Charles Schwab Challenge||1||71-68-67-65 (-9)||0||$1,512,000|
|May 19-22||PGA Championship||20||71-67-71-72 (+1)||6||$191,250|
|May 12-15||AT&T Byron Nelson||MC||73-67 (-4)||—||$-|
Recent Form Insights: Sam Burns
- Burns enters this tournament with two straight top-five placements.
- Burns will attempt to extend his streak of made cuts to four by qualifying for the weekend in this tournament.
- In his past four events, Burns has one win and two top-five finishes.
- In his past four events, Burns has finished within three shots of the leader once and five or fewer strokes back of the winner twice. He carded a score that’s better than average three times.
- He has an average score relative to par of -7 in his past four appearances.
- Burns has finished below par nine times and recorded 11 better-than-average rounds over his last 14 played.
- He has posted the best score of the day once while finishing with a top-five score on four occasions and a top-10 score in six of his last 14 rounds.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: Sam Burns
|Tournaments||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- Burns shot above average on the 20 par-3 holes at the RBC Canadian Open, averaging 2.80 strokes to finish in the 94th percentile of the field.
- He averaged 3.93 strokes on par-4 holes (of which there were 40) at the RBC Canadian Open, which was strong enough to place him in the 90th percentile of the field on par 4s (the tournament average was 4.08 strokes).
- Burns was better than 80% of the golfers at the RBC Canadian Open on par-5 holes, averaging 4.42 strokes per hole, in comparison to the field average of 4.63 strokes.
- Burns shot better on par 3s than most players his last time out, recording a birdie or better on four of the 20 par-3 holes at the RBC Canadian Open (the other golfers averaged 2.0).
- On the 20 par-3 holes at the RBC Canadian Open, Burns did not record a bogey or worse (the other participants averaged 2.6).
- Burns’ nine birdies or better on par-4 holes at the RBC Canadian Open were more than the field average (4.4).