Tommy Gainey (+40000) heads into the 2022 RBC Canadian Open at St. George’s Golf and Country Club looking for a better performance after missing the cut in his most recent appearance in this event in 2014. Before Gainey tees off in Toronto, Canada, let’s take a look at his recent form to help you make your best bets.
Recent Tournaments: Tommy Gainey
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|May 5- 8||Wells Fargo Championship||MC||71-72 (+3)||—||$-|
|April 28 – May 1||Mexico Open||51||69-71-72-67 (-5)||12||$17,356|
|March 24-27||Corales Puntacana Championship||MC||70-74 (E)||—||$-|
|March 17-20||Valspar Championship||MC||70-78 (+6)||—||$-|
Recent Form Insights: Tommy Gainey
- In his past four tournaments, Gainey finished outside the top 20.
- He has made the cut in one of his past four events.
- Gainey did not finish within five strokes of the winner or card a better-than-average score in any of his past four appearances.
- In his past four tournaments, he finished -5 relative to par in his only made cut.
- Over his last 10 rounds, Gainey has finished under par four times, while also recording one par-or-better round and four rounds with a better-than-average score.
- He has posted a top-10 score once in his last 10 rounds.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: Tommy Gainey
|Tournaments||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- Gainey was in the 34th percentile on par 3s at the Wells Fargo Championship, averaging 3.13 strokes on the eight par-3 holes.
- He averaged 4.00 strokes on par-4 holes (of which there were 24) at the Wells Fargo Championship, which was strong enough to land him in the 77th percentile among all competitors on par 4s (the tournament average was 4.04 strokes).
- Gainey shot better than just 4% of the field at the Wells Fargo Championship on par-5 holes, averaging 5.50 strokes per hole compared to the field average of 4.86 strokes.
- Gainey failed to record a birdie on any of the eight par-3 holes at the Wells Fargo Championship (the other participants averaged 1.5).
- On the eight par-3 holes at the Wells Fargo Championship, Gainey carded one bogey or worse (the other participants averaged 2.2).
- Gainey’s five birdies or better on the 24 par-4 holes at the Wells Fargo Championship were less than the tournament average of 6.0.