Troy Merritt heads into the 2022 Charles Schwab Challenge at Colonial Country Club with +8714 odds after making the cut and finishing 41st in his most recent event, the PGA Championship. In this article, we’ll break down his recent form to help you make your best bets on Merritt before he tees off in Fort Worth, Texas.
Recent Tournaments: Troy Merritt
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|May 19-22||PGA Championship||41||73-70-72-70 (+5)||274||$43,839|
|May 5- 8||Wells Fargo Championship||35||71-69-71-72 (+3)||11||$47,925|
|April 14-17||RBC Heritage||12||69-70-68-68 (-9)||271||$140,667|
|March 31 – April 3||Valero Texas Open||4||69-71-69-69 (-10)||3||$344,000|
Recent Form Insights: Troy Merritt
- Merritt has made the cut in seven straight events.
- Merritt has finished in the top five in one of his past four tournaments.
- In his past four events, Merritt has finished within three shots of the leader once and with a score better than average once.
- He has carded an average score of -3 in his past four appearances.
- Over his last 16 rounds, Merritt has finished under par nine times, while also carding 12 rounds with a better-than-average score.
- He has posted a top-10 score twice in his last 16 rounds.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: Troy Merritt
|Tournaments||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- Merritt finished in the 32nd percentile on the 16 par-3 holes at the PGA Championship, averaging 3.31 strokes.
- He averaged 4.02 strokes on par-4 holes (of which there were 48) at the PGA Championship, which was strong enough to place him in the 84th percentile among all competitors on par 4s (the tournament average was 4.15 strokes).
- On the eight par-5 holes at the PGA Championship, Merritt was better than 44% of the competitors (averaging 4.88 strokes per hole).
- Merritt carded a birdie or better on one of the 16 par-3 holes at the PGA Championship (the other competitors averaged 0.9).
- On the 16 par-3 holes at the PGA Championship, Merritt recorded more bogeys or worse (six) than the field average (3.3).
- Merritt had more birdies or better (eight) than the tournament average of 4.6 on the 48 par-4 holes at the PGA Championship.