Troy Merritt missed the cut in his most recent appearance at the PGA Championship, and he has +29000 odds as he tries for a better finish in this year’s tournament at Southern Hills Country Club. In this article, we’ll break down his recent form to help you make your best bets on Merritt before he tees off in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Recent Tournaments: Troy Merritt
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|May 5- 8||Wells Fargo Championship||35||71-69-71-72 (+3)||11||$47,925|
|April 14-17||RBC Heritage||12||69-70-68-68 (-9)||271||$140,667|
|March 31 – April 3||Valero Texas Open||4||69-71-69-69 (-10)||3||$344,000|
|March 17-20||Valspar Championship||27||68-67-67-75 (-7)||10||$54,600|
Recent Form Insights: Troy Merritt
- Merritt has qualified for the weekend six times in a row and will look to continue his streak this week.
- Merritt has finished in the top five once in his past four tournaments.
- In his past four tournaments, Merritt has finished within three shots of the leader once and with a score better than average twice.
- He has an average score relative to par of -6 in his past four tournaments.
- Merritt has finished below par 12 times and carded 12 better-than-average rounds over his last 16 played.
- He has carded a top-10 score three times in his last 16 rounds.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: Troy Merritt
|Tournaments||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- Merritt was in the 51st percentile on par 3s at the Wells Fargo Championship, averaging 3.06 strokes on the 16 par-3 holes.
- He averaged 4.06 strokes on par-4 holes (of which there were 48) at the Wells Fargo Championship, which landed him in the 61st percentile among the competitors on par 4s.
- On the eight par-5 holes at the Wells Fargo Championship, Merritt was better than 49% of the competitors (averaging 4.88 strokes per hole).
- Merritt carded a birdie or better on two of the 16 par-3 holes at the Wells Fargo Championship, outperforming the field average of 1.5.
- On the 16 par-3 holes at the Wells Fargo Championship, Merritt recorded more bogeys or worse (three) than the tournament average (2.2).
- Merritt’s eight birdies or better on the 48 par-4 holes at the Wells Fargo Championship were more than the tournament average of 6.0.