The 2022 Wells Fargo Championship is underway, and ahead of the third round Troy Merritt is in 50th position with a score of E.
Recent Tournaments: Troy Merritt
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|April 14-17||RBC Heritage||12||69-70-68-68 (-9)||271||$140,667|
|March 31 – April 3||Valero Texas Open||4||69-71-69-69 (-10)||3||$344,000|
|March 17-20||Valspar Championship||27||68-67-67-75 (-7)||10||$54,600|
Recent Form Insights: Troy Merritt
- Merritt will seek to make the cut for the seventh straight event.
- In his past four tournaments, Merritt has finished in the top five once.
- Merritt has finished within three shots of the leader in one of his past four events. In that same span, he finished with a better-than-average score twice.
- He has an average score of -7 across his past four events.
- Merritt has finished below par 12 times and carded 11 better-than-average rounds over his last 14 played.
- He has posted one of the 10 best scores of the day in three of his last 14 rounds.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: Troy Merritt
|Tournaments||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- Merritt finished in the 41st percentile on the 16 par-3 holes at the RBC Heritage, averaging 3.19 strokes.
- His 3.91-stroke average on the 44 par-4 holes at the RBC Heritage placed him strongly, in the 81st percentile of the competitors.
- Merritt was better than 92% of the competitors at the RBC Heritage on the tournament’s 12 par-5 holes, averaging 4.33 strokes per hole compared to the field average of 4.65.
- Merritt shot better on par 3s than most players his last time out, recording a birdie or better on two of the 16 par-3 holes at the RBC Heritage (the field averaged 1.3).
- On the 16 par-3 holes at the RBC Heritage, Merritt had four bogeys or worse (the other participants averaged 2.6).
- Merritt recorded more birdies or better (nine) than the tournament average of 5.8 on the 44 par-4 holes at the RBC Heritage.