Hideki Matsuyama is +2500 to win the 2023 Valero Texas Open at TPC San Antonio (Oaks) after placing fifth in THE PLAYERS Championship at TPC Sawgrass on March 9 – 12 in his last tournament. Before he tees off in San Antonio, Texas, let’s break down his recent form to help you make your best bets on Matsuyama in this event.
Hideki Matsuyama Betting Tips, Tournament Information & More
Hideki Matsuyama to win the 2023 Valero Texas Open +2500
Bet $20, Payout $520.00
Bet $5 Win $150 Bonus Bets
Recent Tournaments: Hideki Matsuyama
|Date||Tournament||Finish||Score||Strokes Off Leader||Earnings|
|March 9 – 12||THE PLAYERS Championship||5||74-70-67-68 (-9)||8||$1,025,000|
|March 2 – 5||Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by Mastercard||MC||71-78 (+5)||—||$-|
|February 16 – 19||The Genesis Invitational||MC||71-73 (+2)||—||$-|
|February 9 – 12||WM Phoenix Open||29||74-68-67-70 (-5)||14||$137,000|
Recent Form Insights: Hideki Matsuyama
- In his past four tournaments, Matsuyama has finished in the top five once.
- He has qualified for the weekend in two of his past four appearances.
- Matsuyama finished with a better-than-average score in two of his past four tournaments.
- He has an average score of -7 across his past four events.
- Matsuyama has headed to the clubhouse under par seven times, completed his day without a bogey twice and finished six rounds with a better-than-average score over his last 12 rounds played.
- He has placed in the top-five scores twice in his last 12 rounds.
Last 4 Tournaments Breakdown: Hideki Matsuyama
|Tournaments||Within 3 Strokes||Within 5 Strokes||Under AVG|
Last Time Out
- Matsuyama was in the 91st percentile on par 3s at THE PLAYERS Championship, averaging 2.88 strokes on the 16 par-3 holes.
- His 4.13-stroke average on the 40 par-4 holes at THE PLAYERS Championship ranked in the 50th percentile among all competitors (the tournament average was 4.11 strokes on par 4s).
- Matsuyama shot better than 98% of the golfers at THE PLAYERS Championship on par-5 holes, averaging 4.25 strokes per hole, compared to the field average of 4.67 strokes.
- Matsuyama shot better on par 3s than most players his last time out, carding a birdie or better on five of the 16 par-3 holes at THE PLAYERS Championship (the field averaged 1.5).
- On the 16 par-3 holes at THE PLAYERS Championship, Matsuyama recorded three bogeys or worse (the other competitors averaged 2.7).
- Matsuyama recorded more birdies or better (seven) than the tournament average of 5.1 on the 40 par-4 holes at THE PLAYERS Championship.