2023 Masters Favorites & Betting Odds
Top Masters Contenders for the Green jacket
McIlroy will be seeking a career grand slam and the green jacket once again. He finished second at the Masters last year and has seven top 10 finishes in total. Since April last year, he has been considered the best player in the world.
After a disappointing year, the former world number one won the DP World Tour Championship in Spain to end his season on a positive note. Rahm has had four straight top 10 finishes at Augusta before finishing 27th last year.
Although Scheffler is currently the world number two and finished the year strongly, he has recently been forgotten by many. He had an outstanding year in 2022, winning his third event at the Masters, and he remains an intriguing player to watch.
Justin Thomas:Thomas won his second PGA Championship trophy last year but went through a slump towards the end of the year due to issues with his putter and rough iron play. He has finished fourth and eighth in the last three years at Augusta.
Smith will be making his first major start since winning the Open Championship, and his appearance at Augusta is highly anticipated. He is the best chance for LIV Golf to win a major championship trophy. Smith finished his year with a win in Australia, and he has finished in the top five in four of his last five Masters starts.
As the other LIV player with the most potential to win a major, the former world number one and 2020 Masters winner will be closely watched. Although he contended with a sixth-place finish at St. Andrews, he did not perform well on the PGA Tour last year.
Morikawa had a disappointing season in 2022, and his fifth-place finish at Augusta was one of the few highlights. He struggled with his swing and ball flight, but it was his putting that was particularly problematic. Morikawa could be a major factor if he resolves these issues before spring.
The hype around Spieth at Augusta has diminished somewhat, with only one top-20 finish in his last four attempts. He missed the cut last year, despite solid form, and his current form is not particularly impressive.
Zalatoris withdrew from the playoffs due to issues with a herniated disc and has not played since winning the FedEx St. Jude. However, he was in excellent form before his injury, and his second and sixth-place finishes at the Masters prove his ability.
Cantlay has taken a break since the Tour Championship and has only played one event, the Shriners, where he finished second. Despite being one of the best players in the world, he has struggled at Augusta and has only one top 10 finish.
Top Regulated Sportsbooks
Masters Betting Overview
The Masters at Augusta National is one of the most prestigious golf tournaments in the world, attracting thousands of fans and bettors alike. If you’re a fan of golf and interested in betting on the Masters, you’re in luck – the US regulated market provides plenty of options to bet on the tournament.
There are several types of bets that you can place on the Masters at Augusta National.
Some of the most common ones include:
Betting on the outright winner of the tournament is one of the most popular ways to bet on the Masters. In this type of bet, you simply pick the player that you think will win the tournament. This bet is usually offered at the beginning of the tournament and the odds are adjusted as the tournament progresses.
Top finisher bets allow you to pick a player to finish in a specific position in the tournament, usually the top 5, top 10 or top 20. This type of bet gives you a better chance of winning as you don’t need your chosen player to win the tournament outright, but rather to just finish in the specified position.
In a head-to-head bet, you pick one player to perform better than another player in the tournament. This type of bet is popular because it can be less risky than other bets, as you are only betting on the performance of two players.
Prop bets are bets on specific events or outcomes within the tournament. For example, you might bet on whether or not a player will hit a hole-in-one during the tournament or on the total number of birdies made by all players in the tournament.
Match bets involve picking two players and betting on which one will finish with a better score at the end of the tournament. These types of bets are popular because they allow you to focus on just two players and give you a better chance of winning.
Futures bets are bets on events that will take place in the future, usually several weeks or months ahead of the actual event. For the Masters, futures bets are typically placed several weeks before the tournament starts and involve betting on the eventual winner or the players who will make the cut.
No matter which type of bet you choose, it’s important to remember that betting on the Masters requires a great deal of research and analysis. It’s also important to bet responsibly and never bet more than you can afford to lose.
Where to Bet on The Masters Online?
There are several online sportsbooks that offer betting on The Masters, including some of the biggest names in the industry such as DraftKings, FanDuel, and BetMGM.
- These sites are licensed and regulated by the state in which they operate, and offer a variety of betting options on The Masters, including futures, match-ups, and in-play betting.
- It’s important to choose a reputable and trustworthy sportsbook when betting online, and to read reviews and compare offers before making a decision.
How to Bet on The Masters Online?
First, you’ll need to create an account with a licensed sportsbook. This typically involves providing some personal information such as your name, address, and date of birth.
- Once you have an account, you can deposit funds using a variety of payment methods such as credit cards, debit cards, or e-wallets.
- Next, you can browse the available betting options for The Masters and choose the ones that you are interested in.
- After making your selections, you will be prompted to enter the amount you want to bet and confirm your wager.
- If your bet wins, your winnings will be credited to your account, and you can then withdraw your funds using the same payment method you used to deposit.
Top Regulated Sportsbooks
10 Fun Facts About The Masters at Augusta National
The Masters was first played in 1934 and was won by Horton Smith.
- Augusta National Golf Club was co-founded by legendary golfer Bobby Jones, who designed the course with Alister MacKenzie.
- The iconic green jacket was first awarded in 1949 to Sam Snead, who won the tournament that year.
- The original Augusta National clubhouse burned down in 1947 and was replaced by the current clubhouse, which was designed by Robert Trent Jones.
- The Masters is the only major golf tournament that is held at the same course every year.
- The Par-3 Contest, which is held on the Wednesday before the tournament, is a favorite among players and fans alike. It’s a chance for players to relax and have some fun before the serious competition begins.
- In 1997, Tiger Woods won the Masters by a record-breaking 12 strokes, which is still the largest margin of victory in tournament history.
- Augusta National Golf Club is known for its beautiful azaleas, which bloom in early April just in time for the Masters.
- The trophy for the Masters is called the “Masters Trophy” and features a replica of the clubhouse on top.
- The famous Butler Cabin, where the winner is presented with the green jacket, was originally built as a place for the club’s staff to relax during their breaks. It was named after Thomas H. Butler, who served as the club’s general manager for more than 30 years.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the Masters at Augusta National
What is the Masters Tournament?
The Masters Tournament is one of the four major championships in professional golf. It is held annually at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia, USA.
When is the Masters Tournament?
The Masters Tournament is usually held in early April each year. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 Masters was held in November, and the 2021 Masters was held in April as scheduled. This year the Masters will be held April 6-9 2023.
How do I watch the Masters on TV?
The Masters is broadcast on several TV networks, including CBS and ESPN. You can also stream the tournament online through the Masters website or the CBS and ESPN apps. Stream the Masters on FuboTV without cable!
What is the green jacket and how is it awarded?
The green jacket is a symbol of the Masters and is awarded to the tournament winner. The tradition began in 1949 when members of Augusta National Golf Club decided to award a jacket to the winner so that he could be easily identified by patrons. The jacket is typically presented to the winner by the previous year’s champion.
What are the most iconic holes at Augusta National?
Augusta National is known for its challenging and iconic holes, including the 11th, 12th, and 13th holes, which make up “Amen Corner.” Other famous holes include the 16th, known for its large sloping green, and the 18th, known for its uphill approach shot to the green.
Can I bet on the Masters in the US?
Yes, you can bet on the Masters in the US through legal and regulated sportsbooks. Betting options include outright winner, top finisher, head-to-head, prop bets, futures bets, and match bets.
What is the cut line at the Masters?
After two rounds of play, the field is cut to the top 50 players and ties, plus any player within 10 strokes of the lead.
How do players qualify for the Masters?
Players can qualify for the Masters in several ways, including winning a major championship or a PGA Tour event, finishing in the top 50 of the Official World Golf Ranking, or being selected by Augusta National Golf Club.
All Media on this page by Associated Press.